This is my favourite super fast, healthy and inexpensive camping dish. I freeze rice when I cook it. Have even been known to buy extra when I have had takeaway Thai and froze it. Can't imagine anything worse than cooking rice at camping.
Tip# Fried rice seems to be less gluey if pre-cooked and chilled.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
- 1 takeaway tub of pre-cooked rice
- 1 can of peas & corn
- 1 small onion
- 1 Egg
- 2-4 tablespoon of sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 1-2 teaspoon of chopped garlic (or garlic flakes)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Soy Sauce
- Heat pan. Add oil, chopped onion, garlic.
- Then add rice, peas & corn, salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally until all is heated through.
- Crack egg into rice mix and fold through.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce or to your taste