One of my favourite app’s. Fortunately, I have never had to use it but I feel better knowing I have it.
Emergency Triple Zero (000)
Smartphone App for IOS & Android
- provide the caller with information about when to call Triple Zero (000)
- provide the caller with information about who to call in various non-emergency situations
- provide the caller with their nearly exact LONGITUDE AND LATITUDE
- State Emergency Service (SES) (132 500)
- Police Assistance Line (131 444)
- Crime Stoppers (1800 333 000)
- Health Direct Australia (1800 022 222)
- National Relay
- Assist the caller to dial the relevant number
- Display the GPS coordinates of the phone's location that the caller can read out to the emergency operator.
Other emergency-related apps - Please be aware
There is a range of other publicly available apps that claim to assist callers in an emergency. Some of these apps simply provide information about who to contact, while others claim to assist callers in requesting emergency assistance or to provide information about the caller’s location to an emergency service organisation.
not all of them can do what they claim and could delay emergency assistance
the only way of contacting (000) is with a voice call—you cannot use SMS, email, instant messaging, video calling or social media to contact emergency services via Triple Zero (000)
apps are not able to automatically provide details of your location to Triple Zero (000) or and emergency service organisation—however, you can read out your GPS coordinates to the emergency operator if they are provided on your smartphone.
You should not rely on any smartphone app as your only way of requesting emergency assistance. In an emergency it is always best to call Triple Zero (000) direct.
Post a Comment
Please type your message here...