|Coleman Gold Series Instant Up - Fully erected|
I took my new COLEMAN GOLD SERIES INSTANT UP for its maiden journey on the weekend.
|Heavy Duty Canvas Carry Bag|
|Step 1. Lay tent out and fold the legs out to a semi-erect position.|
Very impressed with the new heavy duty polyoxford PVC flooring. Feels nice underfoot. There was a fair amount of dew around this morning. I was expecting it to need some sun. Alas, not so much as drop of condensation inside or moisture underneath at pack up. I usually find drying off tents the most time consuming part of packing up after camping. It was a breeze this morning.
With all the new features, my very favourite is the thicker and heavier fabric used in the fly. It was so much darker inside. So much so, I slept till 7.30 am. I could get used to that.
The instructions say it requires 2 people to erect. I disagree. I always put my old model up by myself. This model is fundamentally same design. But in saying that, the thicker, heavier fly fabric makes it a little harder to use the wind to pull the fly over the top. The Instant Ups are quite tall and dragging a fly over the peak is a chore if you don’t have someone to hold the far side in place. I struggled with this for about 3 mins. Walked around it twice, then decided to drop the 4 corners back down and put the fly on whilst it was down. I then erected it again and it was easy as. Done. You can easily have this tent up in 2 mins by yourself, if you remember this tip.
The only complaint I ever had with the old model was no lower level ventilation. The new model has 2 extra air flows, plus the front door. Perfect for those sultry summer nights when every bit of air is precious.
The other bonus is the heavy duty carry bag. It is huge. I was able to lay the fly on the ground, place the inner on top of that. Roll it all up and throw it in the bag. I didn't even have to push little bits into corners; whilst attempting to pull the zipper. Nothing worse than taking longer to put a tent back in a bag, then it took to erect and pull down combined.
|Step 2 - Raise legs to fully erect|
Drove away from camping feeling pretty pleased with my new purchase.
|Step 3 - Drop it back down and pull the fly over the peak|
- Coleman Gold Series Instant Up design - sets up in under two minutes
- Front door can be pitched out as front awning with two poles (included)
- Detachable over-sized 3 pole (included) awning which can be attached to both left and right sides (so you can follow the shade)
- Coleman Circle Ventilation for added air flow
- Integrated internal storage hammock and organisers
- Power cord management system
- Convenient welcome mat to help keep tent clean and dry inside
- Heavy duty carry bag
- Frame: Steel (includes 5 awning poles)
- Weight: 12.7kg
- Size: 240w x 240l x 190h cm
- 75D/ 185D Polyester rip-stop inner
- 3000 mm PU fly
- Heavy Duty Polyoxford PVC flooring
|Step 4 - erect again & peg out|
|Side View - No # 1 air flow|
|Side and rear view - No 2 # air flow|